Friday 22 June 2012

Much better catch on Wednesday night. Looked at the weather and decided it was going to be worth trapping then as it looked bad for a few days (though tonight might be a possible). Here are a few shots of some of the catch. Correct me if I have made any mistakes please!

One of four Elephant Hawk-moths caught. Usually they are a little flighty when disturbed, but as it was cold and wet on Thursday morning, I think they were a little more obliging.


Foxglove Pug


Pale Tussock with eggs nearby - I assume she laid them, but I don't know what their eggs look like.


One of two Poplar Hawk-moths.


Pseudargyrotoza conwagana I think. Almost missed this one, but he was sitting on a leaf with the Poplar Hawk-moth, so I took the chance to photograph him too.


Still got a few to identify, but it was interesting to see a few Red-necked Footmen, I've only caught one before now. And as usual, quite a few Spruce Carpets - which seem to go against my guide book's notes and are present almost every month of the year here (September seems to be their peak for me - 123 caught on one night last Sept).

No comments:

Post a Comment