Wednesday 11 July 2012

African Moths! JIC

Hi All,

Just in case anyone is interested, I struggled to get IDs on a handful of moths I had photographed on my travels through Africa. Finally, after a long search, I managed to find someone in Cape Town who could ID them for me. He is setting up a database for African Moths that still needs a lot of work doing too, so if anyone is planning a trip there, worth grabbing shots of any you come across. So far, mine have already got shots on the database - interestingly though, one was the species that Darwin predicted when he found an orchid with a 9 inch corolla, he realised that there had to be a moth to fit the flower.

Anyway, if you are interested, the site is www.africanmoths.com

Now I want to get a portable trap and some money and go back there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment