Tuesday 23 July 2013

Bay Watch 2 :-)

Another healthy trap this morning. Gutted to have lost a Small Emerald that flew just as I was about to click the shutter - my best moth of the morning too. Again Poplar Hawks, Peppered Moths, Scalloped Oaks and Crescent Darts  amongst thge commoner L Y Underwings, Dark Arches, Heart and Darts etc.
Below are the photographic highlights......
Again would appreciate corrections and i.d. help

 Acrobasis advenella - New micro for the garden
 Common Footman
 Diamond backed Moth - at last a photo of one after many escapees. I don't think I've come across another moth that doesn't sit still for a second.
 Early Thorn
 In the book this looks more like an Apple Ermine - however there are no records for V49. However, Spindle Ermine is very similar so I presume it's one of these.Saying that there's only three records in the atlas of that! Am I missing something?
 My forst Fanfoot of the year.
 Is this a Narrow winged Pug?
 A new one for the garden - a worn Two-barred Angle :-)
 One of three True Lover's Knot
It's amazing how pond intertibrates turn up in the trap, especially as I'm not aware of a garden pond on our street. Water boatman has been regular over the past few weeks but this is the first Diving Beetle that I have come accross - cracking little character.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had half a dozen lesser water boatmen in the trap last night Marc. Envious of tawny barred angle, never caught one. People have told me most of the ermines are notoriously difficult to separate. Not sure about pug, I've started catching double-striped pugs again. I had a small emerald as well this morning, my second so far - send you a photo if you want!!!

    ReplyDelete